TEACHING ADOLESCENTS 101
SKILLS, STRATEGIES, AND TECHNIQUES NECESSARY TO SEE GENUINE SPIRITUAL GROWTH IN YOUNG PEOPLE
Have you ever preached a sermon or taught a lesson and thought, do they even hear me?
You may have even asked, does my teaching make any difference in their lives?
Or have you ever began a lesson by saying, who remembers what we talked about last week?
Only to then to be confronted with crickets - painful, we know!
Too often, youth ministers limit teaching to their words and forget everything else.
In this course, you'll learn to teach using strategies, skills, techniques that will create genuine spiritual growth in your students.
Imagine how great it would feel to see your students putting into practice last week's lesson!
About Teaching Adolescents 101
Effective youth ministry requires a grasp of many disciplines, including teaching. How can we share the love of Jesus in a relevant manner with the youth whom we serve? How does your role as a teacher help develop a vision for learning in your programming? An effective youth minister manages a fun and relevant learning environment for young people and volunteers. This course will provide an overview of how to build appropriate lesson and activity plans for Sunday school, confirmation, Bible studies, and fellowship meetings.
Teaching Adolescents 101 Guide
- Module 1: Learn to Choose Topics - A Scope and Sequence
- Module 2: Learn to Theme - Retreats, Series and Other Activities as Leassons
- Module 3: Learn to Lesson Plan - Learning Objectives and Outcomes
- Module 4: Learn to Ask the Right Questions - Life Lessons in Conversations
- Identify strategies by which you will lead others.
- Identify strategies to lead yourself.
- Balance personal, professional and spiritual development.
- Acknowledge areas of personal and professional growth.
- Become transparent and not defensive regarding struggles.
- Become intentional in working with others.
- Develop a personal mission statement and values.